Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snuggie Temptation...

When I sit down to watch tv or a movie, I like a blanket to keep me warm, especially if I'm tired or sleep-deprived. So when the snuggie came out last year, I have to admit that I was very very tempted to get one.
Have you seen the commercials? Insanely corny and ridiculous:



Better yet, have you seen the spoofs:


They should be a total reason not to get the thing, right? But I actually want it even more now... I mean, a blanket with sleeves - how awesome is that? and I love tv or commercials that fall into the "so bad they're good" category. Don't get me wrong, if I buy the thing, I won't be out and about in public with it, or wear it on an airplane like in the commercial (sorry, too embarrassing), but something for the couch or the desk sounds good...
Thus far, I haven't caved, but the moment may come soon. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

secret agent woman said...

My baby sister bought a leopard-print Snuggie.

noha said...

OMG. They come in Leopard-print?!?!
and the temptation grows...

Anonymous said...

you had your chance, missy! I was there. Now, please explain me why it\s wrong to wear it in public? I plan on buying a tres chic one to attend a friend's winter wedding in.

noha said...

I know! I just couldn't bring myself to do it right then, but I really think the next time I see it in a store, I'll get it... I want one.. the more I think about it - I really want one.

Sarah said...

I never actually wanted a snuggie but my cousin got me one for Christmas and now I am absolutely in love with it! Though I do still laugh at the "how can I be more fashinable in my snuggie?" commercials which turns it instantly from the plain color one to a leopard print one because there really is no way to be "fashinable" in snuggie. I, of course, feel like the unsexiest being on the planet when wearing it but it is very warm and I just like it.

noha said...

I can't believe all this talk about the leopard print snuggies - I've *never* heard about it, but it seems everyone else has :)