Monday, March 26, 2007

Hang in there, Habs Fans!

The realist in me says to let it go...
The optimist in me says they can do it...
The pessimist in me says there's no way (but really this is just the emotionally wounded part of me making sure that I'm not let down in case it doesn't work out)...

Tomorrow, my Habs play their latest "Must win" of the season. Against the red hot New York Rangers. Win, and they could potentially move into 7th; Lose, and they could end up in 11th or 12th...
I'm not watching tomorrow (not the whole game anyway). Too many other things to do, not to mention too painful (I could easily be someone who dies of a heart attack one day, not due to high cholesterol or any of the "regular" ailments, but from the stress watching the Habs try to make the playoffs each year induces. I will, however, be following along on Boone's Blog. The man is utterly hilarious, and I feel like he expresses all the angst we poor fans experience.

2 comments:

Frazza said...

I'll be following on Boone's Blog myself, which is my usual practice since I currently live in Vancouver and rarely get the chance to watch Montreal games. After nearly a year of living in Vancouver, and nearly seven years of living in Ottawa, I never became a Canucks or Sens fan really, with Montreal (the city and the team) holding a special place in my heart. Though realistically, I think Vancouver has the best chance of any Canadian team this year.

I think if they can take both New York games, they're in. It's so tight this year, but I see Tampa struggling down the stretch, and the Islanders have been losing a lot of ground... I'd say the Rangers, Carolina, and Montreal (I hope) capture those three last spots. And even if they don't, I think we can finally be satisfied with the direction of the team over the summer, with the young players really shining over the second half of this season. I love Plekanec!

noha said...

Yes, but the key word in your first sentence there is "if"... Halak is playing great, and was the NHL's third star last week, but Lunqvist was the first (gulp).
I tend to be a pessimist about my poor Habs; that way, if they don't make it, I'm not crushed, and if they do, I'm pleasantly surprised. You're right though, about the direction the team is taking. I like the kids coming in. Plekanec's great, but I also see great things coming from Higgins, Kostitsyn, Halak (who I think will be Huet's backup next year - Bubye Abby!), Latendresse, and Perezhogin. I feel Perezhogin hasn't gotten a real chance to show what he can do this year. Hopefully next year?