Sunday, May 06, 2007

Slater Ave.

I finally tried out my camera in manual mode and fiddled with the various settings of aperture and shutter speed... These pics from Slater Ave on Friday afternoon.




In other news, the Ottawa Senators advanced to the third round of the Stanley Cup play-offs for the first time in forever last night, beating my most hated team, the New Jersey Devils, in the process... Not quite enough to turn off the Habs and on the Sens permanently, but they are my hometown team, they are the only Canadian team left, and they are FINALLY, FINALLY playing as well in the play-offs as they always do in the regular season. 8 more wins and a Stanley Cup parade in Ottawa... A possibility? I think so.

3 comments:

Asmaa said...

Nice pictures! :D So, I hear you have a poem that you are afraid to post. Don't be afraid, just post :) You'll only get the hang of it by exposing your strengths and weaknesses, too.

noha said...

JAK Asmaa... It's not that I'm afraid to share the poem, it's that for some reason (and perhaps un-reasonably) I like it so much that I'm afraid someone will steal it. I'd actually like to try to publish it "officially" somewhere...

- K said...

I really like the shadows in the first photo, and the colour in the second. Can't say I understand any of the jargon about modes and apertures, though. :)