Sunday, September 21, 2008

Celiacs, do you miss Pizza?

This is just a quick tidbit to share with my fellow allergy sufferers about a yummy product I discovered in the frozen food section of the grocery store yesterday.... Glutino frozen pizza. I have a problem with wheat, not specifically gluten, so I tend to buy or make spelt / kamut bread, which have a small gluten content that can cause problems for those with celiac. Glutino products don't use spelt or kamut, but rather rice flour, tapioca flour, and the like... The last time I bought gluten-free pizza, I wasn't impressed, but I decided to treat myself to a frozen pizza anyway (somewhat overpriced in a pretty tiny package at about $6, but hey, that's why I said "treat") and - are you ready for this - it was really.really.good.
Their other stuff is probably okay too if you can't have any gluten at all... Hope you enjoy like I did...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've found a quick and easy recipe for pizza dough made with spelt flour and no yeast. It's delish! Spelt flour, a little baking powder, a dash of salt and some milk (they recommend buttermilk, but we use soy)

noha said...

I love you XUP. Seriously... That sounds soooooooooooo awesomely easy... AND I can get away with using Soy? Do you leave it rise (would it even rise without yeast??) or anything, or do you just put on the toppings and go to town??