Monday, November 27, 2006

I am the world's worst techie

Okay, so I have a degree in Software Engineering, which means I spent countless hours hovered over a computer, a piece of hardware, a pile of wires, a collection of some form of technical gadgets or another trying to make them work, and my student existence depended upon this for 4 1/2 years. Not only this, but since graduation nearly 2 years ago, I continue to work in IT related fields, and consider myself reasonably competent at my job... So why is it that when I went to Staples today to buy a booster for my wireless network (which works perfectly everywhere else in the house, but refuses to work in my room without an endless amount of finicking) I couldn't even remember what kind of router I had, and bought the wrong product????
Of course, I only discovered my faux pas upon trying to set up the booster and finding that there was no place in the back of the router (or the front, or anywhere else for that matter) to plug in said booster... Oh dear, I am exposing my techie weakness for all to see here, aren't I? Well it's the cold hard truth, and I'm willing to admit it. After all, technology is not my first love; literature is...

No comments: