Wednesday, September 19, 2007

At the Risk of Increasing my Competition...

I heard this on the radio a few weeks ago, and since that time have alternated between "Yeah! I can do this! My writing's good enough to warrant an entry" to "Do I really want some poor soul to have to read over my pretentious poetry and then go home and comment to his friends/wife/kids about the TERRIBLE writing he had to read today?"

And I'm still undecided, but regardless of whether I enter the CBC's writing contest or not, I think some of you should. Especially Jen, and Sajda. Then I'll be very pleased that someone I know put some good writing in, even if that someone wasn't me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if this is an article writing contest or a poetry contest, but I would say ... go for it, give it a try and put your mind into it, and I am sure you will win ;)

noha said...

There's actually different categories but I'd probably enter the poetry one if I enter at all...
and I'm far from expecting to win, I'm just trying to figure out what good poetry I have lying around I haven't already posted on this site (cuz one of the rules is it has to be unpublished).