Thursday, October 09, 2008

Of Old Commercials and Singing Cows

I've always been a fan of commercials. Done right, they are often more entertaining than the program you were actually watching, and there are a few that are just classics. My uncle and I were reminiscing about this commercial last night: the HP "makes beef sing" slogan with the cow singing what I always took to be Elvis... I'm pretty sure the reason we both remember it so well (to the point where, embarrassingly enough, I can essentially sing the whole thing from memory) is because we had taped something once and the commercial was on the tape for years and years... Anyway, like everything else, it's up on Youtube. And because it makes me happy every time I remember it, I thought I'd pass on the ridiculousness...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love cute commercials, too. I've not seen this one, but I like it (even if it makes me cringe a bit to use a cow to promote eating beef!)

noha said...

"even if it makes me cringe a bit to use a cow to promote eating beef!"
- Heheh... sooo true!