Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hooked

Ugh. Blogger stole my post, so this is my second attempt at it:
I can't stop. I can't help it. It started with Bel Canto, the Ann Patchett book Jen suggested I read when I put out my plea a while back. and it was fantastic. Brilliant. (Hyperbole, XUP, I know, but I really, truly LOVED it). After that, I read another good book by another good author, but then I stumbled upon more Ann Patchett in the form of her non-fiction book Truth and Beauty. And it was on sale. And it was really good too. I finished it yesterday and went on my quest to search for more today. I can't get enough. This woman writes the way I wish I wrote. I flatter myself to think we have a similar style, only her writing is 18 million times better. Today, I started Run.
The good news, and the bad news, is that she's only published 5 novels. I'll be done soon. And then I can come up for air...

2 comments:

VioletSky said...

Blogger is really being nasty these days with stealing posts and comments, I've noticed.

anyway, would you recommend any of these as good airplane books?

noha said...

Both Bel Canto and Truth and Beauty are nearly impossible to put down, Bel Canto more so, but it's over 300 pages. I would definitely recommmend it if you want to be engrossed completely.