Saturday, December 23, 2006

Looking Like It's Gonna be a Green One

I feel for the people to whom this matters... I've got friends at work who are telling me their kids out in BC have gotten 3 feet of snow on the ground, and here's Ottawa, late on December 23rd, still with nothing...

Two words for you: Global Warming. I'm enjoying the fact that the weather is still not completely intolerable (although, honestly, sometimes, the wind and the freezing rain and the dreariness and the gross driving conditions is worse than just having incredibly cold weather with the gorgeousness of snow. With snow, at least when there's no sun, the light still reflects off the whiteness of the ground.

Right now, Ottawa (and Montreal, based on my observations two weekends ago) is just gray... blech!) Here's some of that "warmth":


Unpaved parking lot 18 stories up from M's new place. (looks like a glacier from this far away, which is why I love it)








(View from Fallowfield Bus station at 4:40 p.m.)

1 comment:

aghliw said...

u know...to me...that picture doesnt look like so much a glacier as it does a satellite image of a cold front moving forward...LOL...:) keep up the blogging !